Position Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Kansas City, KS, USA
Salary or Salary Range: Optional
StoneLock is a trusted leader in the design and manufacture of biometric facial recognition software & technology. Our solutions provide facial biometric access control that never compromises user privacy and eliminates the need to touch.
We are looking for an embedded engineer whose primary responsibility will be to develop and implement software for embedded systems. The goal is to create scalable and optimized solutions for software and hardware systems. This position requires working as part of a team in determining the architecture and constraints of the project. Ideal candidates will have excellent skills in collaborative problem solving, embedded systems design, and the internal drive to create quality products. *must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
- Design, develop, implement, test, and debug system software.
- Review existing solutions and optimize performance.
- Develop software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources.
- Integrate and validate new product designs.
- Provide technical support to sales, QA, and/or end users.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Assess 3rd party and open source solutions.
- Ensure robustness and security of solutions.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- Solid programming experience in C or C++. (3 year minimum)
- Specific experience developing embedded Linux solutions. (3 year minimum)
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems.
- Familiar with electronic lab test equipment (e.g. power supplies, frequency analyzers, oscilloscopes, pressure test equipment, etc.)
- Experience working with version control software such as Git.
- Working knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation.
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Experience with working within a team in a project environment.
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills.
- Exceptional time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with staff, peers, and industry colleagues/contacts in a team environment.
- Proven ability to monitor and uphold high quality of service and products to both internal and external clients.
- Able to think globally and work with various cultures/backgrounds.
- Demonstrated flexibility in adapting to a wide variety of tasks and functions.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills with the ability to adapt to change.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Minimum of 5 years relevant design experience
- Some experience in the design and implementation of firmware/embedded software ideally for low-powered applications is preferred.
- Some experience in the design and implementation of PC application software is preferred.
*must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Think you’re a match? Apply here.